By- Wilbur Arnold Clarke
In order to update your maps, GPS or any other device update you must register your device and login in to your mygarmin express account. You even need to register your device after you purchase a new device. This registration also helps you to control the settings, operations and performance of your device.
Register your Garmin Device
To register your device, follow the steps given below:
- Using an appropriate USB, connect your device to a computer.
- Open Garmin Express.
- See the FAQ and follow the instructions to install Garmin Express.
- When any new device is connected, a message prompt will appear to add the new device. If the message doesn’t appear, click on add a device.
- When Garmin recognises your connected device, click on add device. Note: If your device is not recognised, you will see the troubleshooting section at the bottom of the FAQ.
- Enter the email address you would like to register in the box that appears the screen. It is recommended to use the email address you used to create an existing Garmin account so that your device appears in the list of registered products.
- Click on next. If you don’t see any next option, open and follow the steps in Garmin Express doesn’t fit my computer screen.
- You can add a nickname for your device if you wish.
- Click on next again.
- Agree or disagree by clicking on Yes or No if prompted for anonymous data collection.
Your device will be registered with the email address you entered.
Get instruction on How to download Garmin Express and install Garmin Express. You can also checkout other articles like:
- Is Garmin Express free?
- Why do I need Garmin Express?
- Can I get Garmin Express on my iPhone?
- How to reinstall Garmin Express?
- How to fix Garmin Express not working in windows?
- Garmin GPS common problems and their solutions.
Try out other products like Garmin Nuvi 265W, Garmin Nuvi 200 etc.
Sometimes you might encounter registration error while registering your device on Garmin Express.
Follow the steps below for guidance on Garmin Express Registration process in GPS for registration:
- Connect the GPS device with your computer via USB cable.
- Now open Garmin Express.
- A message to add a device will prompt on the screen.
Note: If a message doesn’t prompt, manually click on “add a device” option.
If you fail to add your device or it doesn’t recognize your device, try updating to the latest version.
If multiple attempts of trail fail, don’t panic.
4. Click on the troubleshooting section at the bottom of the FAQ. This might happen due to Garmin servers also.
5. After the troubleshoot is completed, these might be the possible reasons for the registration error:
- Outdated Garmin Express
- Device found unsafe by the system’s firewall or security settings.
- Internet connection lost.
These could be the possible reasons for the registration error.
Steps to resolve Registration Error
To resolve them try these things: –
- Try Garmin Express Update to the latest version.
- Change the windows firewall or security setting to allow it to make changes.
- Check your internet connection. If your internet connection is proper, try restarting the application. In case the problem still persists, try restarting your device.
If you have tried all these steps and the issue is still not resolved, it is time to get an expert help who can easily resolve your issue.
Helpline and Support
Helping you get rid of your worries is our primary motive. We are the best when it comes to resolving Garmin Express issues. Get in touch with our experts on our website. You can live chat with an expert or just give us a call on our toll-free number +1 888-406-8620. We are ready to help you 24*7. Mail us your query or problem and we will get back to you within 24 hours. You can also write to us and we will get back to you at the earliest.
Highly qualified and experienced group of experts are always ready and available to resolve your issues. We try to solve all your problems at the earliest as we value our customers time.