By Parul Thakur
How to XL of Tomtom Update?
TomTom N.V. is a Dutch company. Developer & creator of location technology and consumer electronics at a multinational level. Founded back in 1991 and is headquartered in Amsterdam. Its release of the first generation of satellite navigation devices to market dates back to 2004.
TomTom Plus is a fee-based service offered by the company in the name TomTom Plus (stylized TomTom PLUS).
Services provided by Tomtom Plus include:
- Services to warn drivers about speed cameras, weather updates, change voices, and provide traffic alerts.
- Subscribers in many parts of Europe and the US are provided Traffic data via Bluetooth-enabled cell phones with Internet service or an add-on aerial. This Enhanced picks up RDS data (broadcast on FM radio frequencies) offering traffic information without the requirement for a data connection.
- The Tomtom Plus service is not compatible with Apple’s iPhone. Live Services on the Go Enhanced were released in October 2008 by the company. These allowed users to receive updates over the mobile telephone network using the SIM card in the device. HD Traffic, Safety Alerts, Local Search with Google, and Fuel Prices are some of the services included.
Features of a Tomtom :
- It provides a more accurate location of traffic jams, improved coverage of automatically detected road closures
- Increased accuracy of jam location now allows for ‘Jam Ahead Warnings’, warning drivers when approaching a jam-tail too fast. The coverage of automatic road closure detection majorly secondary roads is improved. Automatic road works detection on highways. Tomtom also added ‘Predictive Flow Feed’ is also added for better predicting approaching traffic delays, with the goal of improving optimal route calculation and ETA by Tomtom.
- Real-time weather information is included in the Tomtom’s routing algorithms and warns users in areas of bad weather. Real-time traffic information road closures that are reported via the online Map Share Reporter tool are incorporated in the 8.0 version of Tomtom.
Enhanced Positioning Technology:
when a navigation device can’t receive GPS satellite signals (e.g. in tunnels or amongst high buildings) using movement and gravity sensors it will still offer you continuous navigation.
Steps For TomTom XL Update:
Download the TomTom Home software and install the software on your computer by following the instructions.
- You will have to download the TomTom home software first and follow the instructions to install the software on your computer.
Note: After installing the software, select your country when instructed. Later, you will have to accept their license of agreement.
- Now connect your GPS of Tomtom XL to the computer with the help of USB cable provided. Once the connected device is detected by the software home software will open automatically if it isn’t open.
- Now, you have to log in to your Tomtom account from the interface, if home now.
Note: Now Tomtom Home will automatically start searching for Tomtom XL GPS device updates.
- Tap on the update my device option.
- Turn the power of your Tomtom XL GPS device on. If you are instructed by the Tomtom to connect to the computer then, click yes on the GPS screen.
- When you are instructed to link the Tomtom GPS to the Tomtom account, press the link of the device.
- Click on the Tomtom XL Update for upgrading and installing options with the software and latest map updates.
Note: Tomtom Home will restart the device after completion of the update.
- Tap on yes on your Tomtom device screen when prompted to connect to the computer. Then the home may install more updates, or prompt you to purchase additional maps.
Guidance and Helpline Support:
If you are unable to resolve your issues, give us a call on +1 888-309-0939 toll-free number for quick and instant support. You can also have a live chat with our experts for a quick reply. You can also write to us and we will get back to you within the next 24 hours.