By- Wilbur Arnold Clarke
How do I reinstall Garmin Express?
‘Garmin’ an American multinational company (previously known as ProNav) is known for its specialisation in GPS technology for navigation, aviation, sports activities and automotive using Garmin GPS update.
‘Garmin Express’ is a desktop application designed by Garmin that allows the user to manage their device after USB connection is plugged on the computer. User can download maps on all his/her devices as well and change their settings with ease.
Updating or downloading the latest version
Firstly, check whether the latest version of Garmin Express download is installed on your device. If not then install the latest version or update to the latest version.
Latest updates are released by Garmin every now and then to target bugs or to improve the compatibility of the software. Check the Garmin official website for the latest update and download them on your device.
Points to Remember:
- It is recommended to install Garmin express update on your computer’s hard drive instead of launching or installing it on an external hard drive or USB.
- In case of installation failure, try installing it in a different location.
- Install properly in the correct directory rather than just copying the folder.
- Make sure to remove all the files while uninstalling a version of the application as it may cause problems.
Try installing using compatibility mode-
The installation might fail if the Garmin update software is not supported by the current version of the windows operating system. This is a known issue some users face with windows after an update.
The application fails to install due to new changes. Here are some steps which might help you:
- Download the installation file.
- Right click on it and select properties.
- Click on compatibility tab. Now check the “Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select the windows version from the drop box.
- Now select “Run as administrator” and install the application.
- After installing the application, restart your computer and launch the application.
Install the latest .NET framework:
.NET files are present in the core of your computer because without them many of the operations don’t work. Try refreshing those .NET files manually to check whether the problem is resolved or not.
- Launch the Run application by pressing Windows + R and type “control panel” in the dialog box and press enter.
- Click on the subheadings of Programs present at the bottom left of the screen.
PRO TIP: If the issue is with your computer or a laptop/notebook you should try using Reimage Plus which can scan the repositories and replace corrupt and missing files. This works in most cases, where the issue is originated due to a system corruption.
- Click on “Turn windows features on or off” present under the subheading of Programs and Features.
- When the list appears, uncheck all the boxes containing the keyword “.NET”.
- This process will uninstall .NET entirely and might require some time.
- Press okay to save changes.
- Open the window again and check all the boxes that you unchecked by following the steps above.
- Your computer will not install the framework. Please be patient as this process may require some time.
- Restart your computer for the following changes to be instigated.
If the problem is still not resolved try downloading the latest .NET framework on your computer form Microsoft’s official website.
Note: Some reports which show that .NET framework for 4.5 or above causes some problems are present. You can try uninstalling the framework and then installing the application.
This will probably prompt you to install another framework (probably 3.5). Download it and proceed with the installation.
Deleting Garmin Express configuration files:
The configuration files saved against the application might be corrupt which may cause problems in launching of Garmin map update. Configuration files of an application contains settings specific for that application. These configuration files can be reset by the following steps-
- Press Windows + R and type “%localappdata%” in the dialog box and press enter.
- Right-click on the folder “_or_its_subsid folder” and select delete.
- When UAC is prompted, click on yes and proceed.
- Restart your computer after deleting the file and try launching the application.
TIP: If these Methods have resolved your issue, we recommend using Reimage Repair Tool which can scan the repositories to replace corrupt and missing files. In most of the cases this works, where the issue is originated due to a system corruption. Reimage also optimizes your system for maximum performance.
For detailed information, you can contact us at toll-free number +1 888-406-8616 or write at email@example.com. Our Garmin GPS professionals will provide instant help.